- Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- Department: Administration
- Reports To: Director of Business Operations
- FLSA: Exempt and Full-time
- Location Available: Southfield, MI – soon to be Sterling Heights, MI
The Administrative Assistant, a professional representative of UltraLevel, Inc., will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, is a personal liaison between the office, clients, visitors and guests, provides mail distribution, assists with other office related tasks, and provides general support to the executive team as needed.
- Make sure front desk and phones are covered at all times.
- Assist with accounts payable and/or receivable processing.
- Coordinate transportation, hotel and restaurant reservations for staff, clients and guests, if needed.
- Schedule travel and lodging for clients, guests and employees.
- Greet clients and guests; attend to clients/guests needs – beverage (keep coffee brewed), hang coat, restrooms, copies, scanning, and faxing.
- Make sure office is stocked with paper, office supplies, kitchen supplies, and cleaning supplies. Keep inventory and adjust orders as needed.
- Unpack weekly supply orders and put supplies away.
- Schedule meetings, conference rooms, invites to others as requested.
- Perform mailings, as needed.
- Assist in setting up for special company functions, meetings, luncheons, etc.
- Create and maintain company phone list; update and redistribute when needed.
- Monitor office for cleanliness (i.e. empty dishwasher, clean kitchen area, garbage/recycling bins, stock, fridge cleanout, etc.).
- Filing, scanning, copying for office staff as needed.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience answering phone; transferring, messages, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to excel.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment, while meeting deadlines.
- Team player and ability to work independently.
- Negotiation skills for getting the best deal on supplies, etc., for the company.
- Experience in booking travel and mail processes, such as UPS and Fed-Ex.
- Experience in ordering and maintaining supplies.
- Must be detail-oriented and pay close attention to specifics.
- Ability to properly handle confidential information and records.
- Able to analyze information gathered in order to identify potential problems or discrepancies.
- Able to communicate effectively with management, clients and peers.
- A sense of urgency, high energy and commitment to getting the job done.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years’ experience in a customer service or related, preferred.